Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tyyper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2022
Hello, I am looking forward to video editing. Although, I would need a video editor as well. I am currently using Mac OS 10.11.6. I am looking for recording/editing softwares for it. If anyone knows please tell me with their download link, it would much appreciated. I have tried DaVinci Resolve but it doesn't work for me. On a side note, I have also tried to upgrade my mac but I cant quite figure it out.

Thanks,
Typer

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't work for me" but if it means macOS 10.11.6 won't run the latest version there are older versions of DaVinci Resolve you can try. I think 12 is the last version they have on their downloads page with El Capitan compatibility.

If so, go to this page, scroll down to "Latest Downloads", and within that frame scroll down to DaVinci Resolve 12.

• Love
Reactions: Tyyper

Tyyper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2022
I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't work for me" but if it means macOS 10.11.6 won't run the latest version there are older versions of DaVinci Resolve you can try. I think 12 is the last version they have on their downloads page with El Capitan compatibility.

If so, go to this page, scroll down to "Latest Downloads", and within that frame scroll down to DaVinci Resolve 12.
I get this when I start the DaVinci Resolve 12, I don't have a great Graphics card. I have ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT, which I don't think is the best for DaVinci Resolve.

EDIT: I have also try older version some are too old and some se OpenCL which is also a dead end.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I don't know enough about that.

This page might help with iMovie:

Shotcut app…page with link to El Capitan compatible version:

Reactions: Tyyper

Tyyper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2022

Thank you, I am using iMovie 10.1.6.

Tyyper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2022

If you know any other editing software(s), can you tell them also? So I can try them all. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.