Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemacbook

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2007
Thank you

just a quick video to show the pretty good performance on the macbook, specs of macbook in description under the video.

http://gallery.mac.com/graham.tearne#100155

Thanks a lot grahamtearne, I would have replied earlier, but I was busy getting BootCamp installed. Today after work, I will have Madden in hand. This really beats waiting around for the windows emulator "Mac" version of the game to be released. Again, thanks a lot for the posts and the video.

UbuntuFu

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
Touchdown!!!!

Sweet...I was still playing Madden 06 on my Xbox, but recently it just crapped out. So I might spring for the PC version since I recently installed VMWare Fusion.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
This really beats waiting around for the windows emulator "Mac" version of the game to be released. Again, thanks a lot for the posts and the video.
It isn't emulation it's API translation or replication.

Secondly, I don't see any shadows in the video either. It doesn't look that much more spectacular then the original Unreal Tournament to me besides the polygons.

grahamtearne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Cant win can you lol. People say the GMA950 cant run anything thats playable etc. Look guys this is a 13inch laptop, we shouldnt expect amazing effects or anything, noone should be buying this laptop as their primary gaming machine and I am not trying to say it can be. What Im fed up of is people saying its totaly useless, it isnt. This is proof of it playing a new game, very smooth at decent settings, come on guys. I think its fantastic, looks ok and plays great.

It isn't emulation it's API translation or replication.

Secondly, I don't see any shadows in the video either. It doesn't look that much more spectacular then the original Unreal Tournament to me besides the polygons.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Cant win can you lol. People say the GMA950 cant run anything thats playable etc. Look guys this is a 13inch laptop, we shouldnt expect amazing effects or anything, noone should be buying this laptop as their primary gaming machine and I am not trying to say it can be. What Im fed up of is people saying its totaly useless, it isnt. This is proof of it playing a new game, very smooth at decent settings, come on guys. I think its fantastic, looks ok and plays great.
Is it playable? Yes.

It looks just fine to me on the GMA950 if you're not expecting anything that looks better then a circa 2001 game. Does that make it a bad game? No!

The majority of my games are from 1997-2001. I love them more then anything out right now. :p

Care to try again?

Ninja Guidan

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2005
It looks a lot like the regular Xbox version...not saying anything bad about it. It does look good. How does it play? I couldn't tell from the video if the keyboard was being used as the controller or a PS3/Xbox type controller.

grahamtearne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Hi there, it plays very well indeed. My brother was playing using his Xbox360 controller. We often play two player games both using the xbox controllers.

It looks a lot like the regular Xbox version...not saying anything bad about it. It does look good. How does it play? I couldn't tell from the video if the keyboard was being used as the controller or a PS3/Xbox type controller.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Hi there, it plays very well indeed. My brother was playing using his Xbox360 controller. We often play two player games both using the xbox controllers.

How do you do that exactly? Do you just plug it into the USB port and it works, or is there some process?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.