Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mhaddy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Canada
I've got a 2.0Ghz dual-core PowerMac with the 256MB GeForce 6600 video card (two DVI ins) and dual monitors running off of it. What are my options for a video out (preferrably s-Video) to a TV? Do I have to buy another PCI-E video card with a video out (and if so, cheap suggestions? :)) or is there an adapter that I can get for DVI->s-Video? The former would be preferred, but money is definitely an issue after the purchase of my the 360, heh. Thanks!

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
There an Adapter

I don't know if this works with the dualcore G5s, but it works with the previous models and with the Mac mini.

"Apple DVI to Video Adapter

Use the DVI to Video Adapter to connect the DVI port on Power Mac G5 or Mac mini to any S-video or Composite enabled device.

Price: $19.00"

"The Apple DVI to Video Adapter was designed specifically to allow Mac mini and Power Mac G5 systems users to connect from the DVI port to S-video or Composite video devices such as TVs, VCRs, or overhead projectors with S-Video or RCA (Composite) connectors. The Apple DVI to Video Adapter is designed to work with the DVI port on the Mac mini and Power Mac G5 systems only.

Use a separate DVI to VGA Adapter for VGA video out for Mac mini or Power Mac G5 (included with all Mac mini or Power Mac G5 systems or available for order as a standalone kit).

Important:
Requires Mac mini or Power Mac G5 with DVI port."

Good Luck

Mhaddy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Canada
I completely forgot about this thread -- thanks for the information, guys! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.