Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

limbery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
Hi i just got an ipod touch and I bought a Belkin set that includes a docking station with it's own 1/8" - red/white/yellow cable and the option to use an s-video cable for the video out....It states that it can be used with the Ipod touch (as well as the other models) but I can't get video out with either the supplyed cable or the s-video....sound works fine either way....
television is hooked up correctly and set to the correct av input etc.
I guess I've got to buy another $50 Apple cable?

cheekybobcat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
U-S of A
I'm assuming you set the touch's TV Out signal to the right setting, NTSC or PAL, im not really sure which one it is. my friend has the same exact set and it works fine.
Possibly faulty wire?

nitrusoxide

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2007
Can you link the set you bought? It sounds pretty cool.

As for the problem, as someone stated earlier it's probably a settings issue.

limbery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
video outproblem

Hi...Yes the ipod is set to video out with NTSC (N.America)...I bought the set at Costco in Canada....it also came with the car adaptor....
I've got a similar cable with my camcorder, I'll try it to see if it works...

limbery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
tried other cable ....still nothing

I tried the other cable from my camcorder and still nothing...even tried hooking the s-video separate from the yellow contact...
I know that the sound at least is coming from the red and white cables, as I get audio when hooking up to the stereo....but not only do I not get any video but I can't get audio either on the tv....the input channel does indeed work on the tv as I hooked up a dvd player and it works just fine...ARRRGH!

limbery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
link the dock

Hi Nitrous...
I can't seem to find the exact same dock on the web....

KoolStar

macrumors demi-god
Oct 16, 2006
Kentucky
With the ipod touch the pins for the video out have been changed, and thus dont work like the older video ipods that would allow video out from both the dock connector or the 1/8th inch headphone plug.

limbery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
video out pins changed

Thanks Koolstar....I suspected that, as I even tried another ipod touch which also didn't work...I guess when they specificly state that the product works with all ipods including the touch....it doesn't necessarily mean that "everything" will work.....
Len

BassistKing1

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
not trying to go off topic or anything, but i have one of these cords too (havnt tried it with my new touch yet) do they work for youtube vids or just ones u stuck on ur ipod via itunes?

edit: hmm, i just tried mine (the cord i got with a 3rd party dock, not one from apple, got it in november 07) and couldnt get it to work, also tried using it with the dock and it didnt work either. but like u mentioned, the sound worked perfect, just the video wouldnt go out. also, my brother got a 160gb classic, and he couldnt get it to work either (he hasnt tried it with the dock, but i doubt that would make a difference) so im guessing the changed the video out pin in it as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.