Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KatPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2018
Since I updated to Catalina 10.15.4 I've been having problems with my video on Safari, especially while trying to watch Netflix. For example, while watching a video, randomly and occasionally the video will skip for a second. It only happens on Safari, not on Chrome. Any idea what it can be or how to fix it? Also, I didn't have the problem before.

Last edited:

KatPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2018
No, I talked to Apple Support, but they couldn't figure it out, same with Netflix support.

hdoerner

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2016
I have the same problem. Talked to the Netflix support. They couldn't help. Any update available?

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Maybe try to disable "Stop plug-ins to save power" from Safari - Preferences - Advanced

Stop plug-ins.jpg

hdoerner

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2016
Unfortunately this dosen't help. The Netflix video skips (video and audio) every few minutes for about a second. On other devices (iPad or Apple TV) I have no problems. I suspect it has something to do with the Catalina update 10.15.4 including Safari 13.1. Does anyone else have this problem?

hdoerner

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2016
You can trick it to think it's an iPad from the Develop menu - User Agent - Safari - iOS 13.1.3 - iPad

This seems to work! Watched yesterday Netflix on Safari 13.1 without dropouts. It's a compromise, but it helped, thanks!

ZoomFocus

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2020
Same issue, sound dropping out on safari, when video is playing. About half a a second. Netflix on Firefox works great

KatPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2018
Try this. It helps for me: You can trick it to think it's an iPad from the Develop menu - User Agent - Safari - iOS 13.1.3 - iPad
[automerge]1592506896[/automerge]
Same issue, sound dropping out on safari, when video is playing. About half a a second. Netflix on Firefox works great
Try this. It helps for me: You can trick it to think it's an iPad from the Develop menu - User Agent - Safari - iOS 13.1.3 - iPad

ZoomFocus

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2020
[automerge]1592506896[/automerge]

Will try, thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.