Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tubeoflondon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Hi
I have over 50 applications in my 3g iphone and i am paying for applications almost every month at least £30-40 but my question is, why still we havent received video recorder at all cause i love my iphone and i wanna use it for good u know i mean... at least does anyone know soon or later in the future any sign of video recorder application?
cheers :)

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Hi
I have over 50 applications in my 3g iphone and i am paying for applications almost every month at least £30-40 but my question is, why still we havent received video recorder at all cause i love my iphone and i wanna use it for good u know i mean... at least does anyone know soon or later in the future any sign of video recorder application?
cheers :)

There will NEVER be a Video Recorder with the current terms on the SDK. You can only use the camera to use the same function as it currently has... just take pictures. They're not even allowing apps to change the functionality of the camera such as zoom, black&white and other stuff.

The only way to use video recording is by downloading Cycorder from Cydia on a Jailbroken phone.

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2008
There will NEVER be a Video Recorder with the current terms on the SDK. You can only use the camera to use the same function as it currently has... just take pictures. They're not even allowing apps to change the functionality of the camera such as zoom, black&white and other stuff.

The only way to use video recording is by downloading Cycorder from Cydia on a Jailbroken phone.

and the quality of the video/audio on Cycorder is awesome.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
There will NEVER be a Video Recorder with the current terms on the SDK.

Eh? Where does it say that? I haven't read anything limiting use of the camera. Sure, you're only allowed to use the exposed API's that Apple allows, but that doesn't say they won't be adding some more camera API's in the future. They added some new features in the 2.1 SDK, we know more are on the way (push notification), so there's always hope. You can't just say there will NEVER be one.

pedroistheman

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2007

weaksauce...

maybe apple wants to make the video function built-in to the actual camera, rather than letting a 3rd party develop. Is it too much to ask for a video feature in the next major update? iPhone 2.2 anybody?

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
weaksauce...

maybe apple wants to make the video function built-in to the actual camera, rather than letting a 3rd party develop. Is it too much to ask for a video feature in the next major update? iPhone 2.2 anybody?

I've given up on Apple bringing us anymore cool updates now.

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
We'll see it eventually. In the meantime, if you want video, or even pictures for that matter, that are GOOD, get a $200 Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, etc point and shoot. And if you want actual decent video, then get a video camera.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
My guess, you won't see video until the next physical iPhone. iPhone Video or something like that. It will have a better camera (3 to 5 megapixels) and video. They have to hold back something to get us to buy the next version of the phone. Even if this phone is capable, we won't see it.

ilfn143

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
Enron by the Sea
We'll see it eventually. In the meantime, if you want video, or even pictures for that matter, that are GOOD, get a $200 Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, etc point and shoot. And if you want actual decent video, then get a video camera.

and if you want to play game get a PSP? if you want to surf the internet get a laptop? :rolleyes:

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2007
Just jailbreak your iPhone and download Cycorder. It's really not that big of a deal to do. I don't understand why everyone is against jailbreaking? Sure it technically voids your warranty, but it's extremely easy to erase all traces of a jailbreak if you need to. So a voided warranty won't matter because no one will know. Jailbreaking will not harm your phone.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Just jailbreak your iPhone and download Cycorder. It's really not that big of a deal to do. I don't understand why everyone is against jailbreaking? Sure it technically voids your warranty, but it's extremely easy to erase all traces of a jailbreak if you need to. So a voided warranty won't matter because no one will know. Jailbreaking will not harm your phone.

I won't jailbreak because I don't know how secure it is. Anyone of those apps can easily download all your personal information, and you would never know it. I like the idea of my phone being secure. to each their own, maybe I'm being over protective, but I'd rather be safe then sorry, especially when I have a lot of "high profile" contacts on my phone.

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
I won't jailbreak because I don't know how secure it is. Anyone of those apps can easily download all your personal information, and you would never know it. I like the idea of my phone being secure. to each their own, maybe I'm being over protective, but I'd rather be safe then sorry, especially when I have a lot of "high profile" contacts on my phone.

You are not a unique snowflake. Sorry, but they can't be that high profile... you're browsing macrumors.

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
I was thinking about how cool it'd be do be able to do video recording, then I noticed that I have an expensive digital camera sitting here that can do much higher quality digital video recording and I rarely use it.

iblastoff

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008

you've got to be kidding me.

ayzee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
this is why I jailbroke my iPhone 3G yesterday. Used quickpwn to install the cydia app store, went onto cydia and installed cycorder for free. It's that easy, and now I have a fantastic high quality video recording app. Apart from this u wouldn't even know my iPhone is jailbroken. Looks exactly the same. Don't go letting yourself suffer and waiting for apple. Your about 10 steps away from getting a video recording app on your iPhone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.