Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Siptom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2021
Hello
i got ATV 4k 2021

the dolby vision works great in infuse and plex and anywhere else.

in another app im using (its a local VOD app of my country) the video start in DV, also the TV indicate a DV format, but after 1 sec or 1 frame more accurately its switching to normal format. when it is in DV for that 1 sec, u can clearly tell the difference by the colours and the quality its DV, wich mean the video is capeable playing DV, but for some reason its stop

its probobly APP issues but is anyone have seen something like that and have a solution let me know

in the video: everytime i hit play its start in DV vision for 1 sec > black screen > then keeps playing in normal quality

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
It’s only showing Dolby Vision for a brief moment because that’s what you have the ATV set to.
It’s not a case that the video can handle the format, it’s just for that brief moment you’re seeing a fake Dolby Vision being applied to that video.
If you turn off match dynamic range you can have that all the time if you wish.
Personally I’d set the ATV to 4K SDR and just let match dynamic range take care of the rest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.