Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darcyf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Toronto, ON
So I've been a Final Cut Pro editor for about a decade, made the leap to FCP X a few years ago (and love it) but I'd never really dabbled in Motion or Logic until a couple of months ago when I decided it was time to expand my repertoire.

I've since made two videos combining my abilities in FCP X with my newfound and still fledgling skills in Motion and Logic. I'd love to know what you think!

The Right Way to Reheat Your Coffee in the Microwave

Why Arts Funding Matters

Also, if anyone wants to chyme in with best practices in terms of round tripping through the three apps, I'd love to get a discussion going there, too. Thanks!

Ivangf2

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2011
Great work. I am an electrical Engineer who in his spare time make some photography and video.

I have bought FCP X and Motion 5, all that I have learnt is by myself, but I like to improve my skills in motion. If you have tutorials or something that might help, I will appreciate it

Fafa2e

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2014
Nice videos. I am an FCP X and Motion hobbyist and enjoy editing videos and using Motion to add effects when I have time. Ivangf2 - I used the tutorials on www.macprovideo.com to teach myself FCP X and Motion. I recently received an email that they had an $11 special right now. The tutorials are pretty good at giving you an overview of how to use Motion and all of the power of the software.

darcyf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Toronto, ON
Great work. I am an electrical Engineer who in his spare time make some photography and video.

I have bought FCP X and Motion 5, all that I have learnt is by myself, but I like to improve my skills in motion. If you have tutorials or something that might help, I will appreciate it
Lynda.com is ok, though I don't always find the examples they lead you through to be particularly enlightening.

The Peachpit Press books are amazing, though. They strike a great balance between touring the features while mixing in useful tips along the way that are pertinent to the current subject area. Plus they are what Apple's Pro Certification exams are based off of, so you know you're getting not just good information but the right information to boot.

Whichever approach you take, I encourage you to give yourself a project to work on as you learn so that you will find more relevance in what you're learning as you go.

Have fun! And be sure to post back here if you ever have any examples of your work to share :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.