Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PepperPad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Hello,

Following the conversion of several videos, I've lost the creation dates (replaced by the conversion date).
How can I find them in the metadata and put them back?

PepperPad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Thanks for the information.
I don't know anything about scripting, is there an app that does this?

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
I use Subler to view and modify video metadata. I think it is still free. I've used the release date data field. Not sure about creation date.

Last edited:

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2009
Thanks for the information.
How did you get on with this? I've got the same issue for most of my videos. I think this is due to moving them about from Apple Photos to Lightroom and Final Cut etc. Basically The dates are all wrong.

And out of interest.. do you use an organisation software for viewing your personal videos like apple photos?

PepperPad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
How did you get on with this? I've got the same issue for most of my videos. I think this is due to moving them about from Apple Photos to Lightroom and Final Cut etc. Basically The dates are all wrong.

And out of interest.. do you use an organisation software for viewing your personal videos like apple photos?
1)I've found another very effective solution, but it's for Windows as I haven't found an equivalent for Mac (I use Parallel Desktop): "File Date Corrector".

2) Google Photos and Synology Photos

Reactions: JamesMay82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.