Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
Hi guys n girls

I've been doin some research recently into Apple's hostroy etc and would really find it useful and interesting to see the Macworlds an WWDC's from around 2000 - 2005. However, there is very little in the way of footage on Youtube or Google Video, so I was wondering if somebody could post copies of the video to download, or at least somewhere I can stream them.

Thanks for your help guys

Richard Flynn

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2006
Sydney
You might like to look at the archive at macTV: they've recently been posting some keynote addresses (including the original introduction of the Mac at the Apple shareholders' meeting in 1984, the introduction of the iBook G3, of the Cube, and of OS X).

I've just noticed, though, that they aren't listing all of the latest 'episodes' on the website. You might check out their podcast listing on iTunes [iTunes link].

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Those are the same old ones that everyone has seen time and time again though. Where are like the Quadra introduction or the first PowerBook or anything like that.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
Yeah, also, I'm kinda looking for full videos rather than clips if possible.

Cheers

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
OK, to add to the list, how about the original 1984 keynote, notjust Youtube's 6 minutes, and the other keynotes from 98 through to 03.

Cheers
:apple:

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
if your're willing to download a 10 gb file(it has almost every keynote after 1997) **(it has the original Mac intro from 1984 and a couple from 1983 also)
it just doesnt have a couple of the latest ones..( i think not the "its showtime or WWDC 06) and MWSF 07) but has most..
**ITS a torrent file) so u will need a torrent client..(I like Xtorrent or Azureus but X torrent is easy to setup compared to azureus.)
Heres the link

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
Right , I'm trying that thanks. Would have been easier n quicker to stream, but I'm not complaining, at least now, I can catch up with history lol
By any chance, do you know if the quality is any good?

Cheers

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
Right , I'm trying that thanks. Would have been easier n quicker to stream, but I'm not complaining, at least now, I can catch up with history lol
By any chance, do you know if the quality is any good?

Cheers

it depends on how big you make quicktime( they all play in them except some of the RM files and theres only one i found tht is rm)
So most are ok(you can see them) and it mainly depends on the size of the quicktime window but they are good in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.