Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saintstryfe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Hello,

So I've run into a weird issue. I have a Macbook Air 11" running Yosemite here that will not play video purchased in iTunes. This is both Local and Cloud-streaming, movies and TV shows.

Opening up a file in iTunes brings up the movie-playing screen. It beachballs for a few moments then I get a blank, black screen with no audio or indication of playback.

If I download the movie file and play it in quicktime player it plays properly. I was also from the blank, black screen select an AppleTV and it played through there successfully. These lead me to believe that Quicktime is not the issue nor is it iTunes' ability to get to the files.

In the Console, when I try to play a video I get three instances of an odd message I don't really understand:

(Time) kernel: AMFI: iTunes(pid ###) - [deny-mmap] mapped file has no team identifier and is not a platform binary: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreKE.framework/Versions/A/CoreKE

Researching all the parts of this: AMFI, deny-mmap, CoreKE, were less than helpful.

I've done most basic troubleshooting steps, logging in and out of the account, restart the computer, reset PRAM/SMC, uninstall and reinstall iTunes, ect, all to no effect. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: George Dawes

saintstryfe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Reactions: George Dawes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.