Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guitar69Freak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2021
My phone had recently been stolen and hasn't come online on the Icloud.

Knowing you can view recent location history upon going into settings of the Iphone. Is their anyway to view recent locations it's been tracked using Icloud?

From the cloud is their anyways to view locations it has recently been tracked?

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
No, you can't view the history of the location at iCloud.com. If it was stolen, it's likely they wiped the phone and that would make it stop reporting its location. Activation Lock should make it useless for them though.

You could report it to the police and maybe they'll see if they can track the iPhone if it's on and pinging cell towers.

Guitar69Freak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2021
Only issue either that Is this phone doesn't have a SIM card any longer..

No, you can't view the history of the location at iCloud.com. If it was stolen, it's likely they wiped the phone and that would make it stop reporting its location. Activation Lock should make it useless for them though.

You could report it to the police and maybe they'll see if they can track the iPhone if it's on and pinging cell towers.
Only issue with that is this phone

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011

I think it won’t matter if the phone was wiped clean as it is tied to an Apple ID. So unless Find My was turned off before it was wiped, that phone probably won’t be usable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.