Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Charimnis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2015
An issue i've been having for a while and I wondered if anybody else has had the same problem and knows a fix?

Basically a lot of the pdfs I read on my course are embedded into the web page, and on the iPad, safari only views the first page or so and cuts off the rest, you can't scroll down or view as a pdf in iBooks or anything. I'd really appreciate any solutions, i'll try and find an example if you don't know what I mean.

I've tried viewing on all the other available browsers and these don't work either. Any solutions?

soy

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
Brooklyn
Not sure if it actually works, but I think the one time I came across something similar with embedded content, I was able to scroll through it using two fingers instead of one.

Again, I'm not sure of this, but it's worth a try.

philosophree

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2016
Not sure if a solution has been found, even more than 5 years later than the original post... I believe I have the same issue, or I'm assuming it's a pdf. Currently, I'm l'm looking into the possibility of working from home and I would need to access beyond the 1st pages of pdfs. I hope there's a workaround...

just realised that this was under iOS8... ?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.