Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
I see that the cheaper one falls into the X Series family, described by ViewSonic as follows:

ViewSonic said:
Designed for consumers and enterprise, these stylish displays combine beauty and high technology in one sleek package.

Wheras the more expensive display falls into the Graphic Series family, described by ViewSonic as follows:

ViewSonic said:
Corporate and advanced graphics/gaming users, start enjoying sharp text and crystal-clear image with an excellent price/performance combination and integrated multimedia.

What the heck does that mean? I currently have an X Series display, a VX910. That display is pretty darn amazing in terms of color accuracy, brilliance, and the complete absence of backlight washout with black colors. Will a Graphic Series display be better than my current display?

XnavxeMiyyep

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2003
Washington
What the heck does that mean? I currently have an X Series display, a VX910. That display is pretty darn amazing in terms of color accuracy, brilliance, and the complete absence of backlight washout with black colors. Will a Graphic Series display be better than my current display?
I'm not sure if you can buy ViewSonics in stores or if you have to order them online (I have a used ViewSonic), but my recommendation is that you actually see the monitor and try it out before buying it.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
I see that the cheaper one falls into the X Series family, described by ViewSonic as follows:

Wheras the more expensive display falls into the Graphic Series family, described by ViewSonic as follows:

a graphics series will mainly be faster. If I remember correctly, you do graphic design, not video, right? if that's true, go with the cheaper one.
I'm not sure if you can buy ViewSonics in stores or if you have to order them online (I have a used ViewSonic), but my recommendation is that you actually see the monitor and try it out before buying it.
yeah, I bought mine at OfficeDepot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.