Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

playaeamonn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2019
Manchester
Hopefully this is acceptable on this forum.

I deal with quite a bit of the apple back catalogue.
I do not seem to get the correct value for some of the classic items.
We've had Lisa's come through. and also a lot of iMacs, G3's, G4's, G5's, Mac pros.
So I'm looking on here for advice as well as looking at getting the word out about unusual items.
The pallet is advertised on eBay but reading through your forum you guys are rather experienced in this matter.
IMG_20190109_154232.jpg
IMG_20190109_154332.jpg
IMG_20190109_154409_1.jpg
IMG_20190109_154457.jpg
IMG_20190109_154740.jpg
IMG_20190109_155023.jpg
IMG_20190109_155110.jpg
IMG_20190109_155356.jpg
IMG_20190109_155448.jpg
IMG_20190109_155719.jpg
If this isn't allowed please let me know.

Thanks Guys.

playaeamonn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2019
Manchester
Tell you something. Very disappointed in this forum. I had 5 or 6 people say throw the images on here and you guys would tell me all about the items and their values. According to those people you guys are like a Mac Guru Forum.

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2011
What exactly do you need to know about them, you didn't really post any specific questions for us to try to answer?

They don't have an exact value, eBay values for this kind of thing are very variable depending on who is bidding on the day, also how you decide to sell them will make a huge difference i.e. whether you list each one separately and test them/show them working, or sell them all together as an untested job lot. If you have no idea I'd suggest putting them up for auction and letting buyers decide their value, or use buy-it-now and if they don't sell reduce the price until they do, either of those is usually a good way to figure out what people are prepared to pay. Also I couldn't find the existing listing when I looked for it before so not sure if it's up yet or not.

playaeamonn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2019
Manchester
What exactly do you need to know about them, you didn't really post any specific questions for us to try to answer?

They don't have an exact value, eBay values for this kind of thing are very variable depending on who is bidding on the day, also how you decide to sell them will make a huge difference i.e. whether you list each one separately and test them/show them working, or sell them all together as an untested job lot. If you have no idea I'd suggest putting them up for auction and letting buyers decide their value, or use buy-it-now and if they don't sell reduce the price until they do, either of those is usually a good way to figure out what people are prepared to pay. Also I couldn't find the existing listing when I looked for it before so not sure if it's up yet or not.

I don't know if anything amongst this stuff is exceptional value. Such as the SE/30, as prices are soo varied everywhere else. I want to make sure I am not getting ripped off. If any one could give me a valuation on anything please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2011
I wouldn't say they have "exceptional" value but all of the "beige"-era systems have some decent value these days, I'd suggest testing and listing the SE/30, IIci, 6100 and the two beige G3 systems individually (not sure if you're planning to do that for everything, or list the others and the ones not shown as job lots) and seeing what you get. The "clamshell" iBook G3s are usually worth something as well.

Reactions: tevion5

playaeamonn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2019
Manchester
I wouldn't say they have "exceptional" value but all of the "beige"-era systems have some decent value these days, I'd suggest testing and listing the SE/30, IIci, 6100 and the two beige G3 systems individually (not sure if you're planning to do that for everything, or list the others and the ones not shown as job lots) and seeing what you get. The "clamshell" iBook G3s are usually worth something as well.
Thank you

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
I too saw your post first time round, and didn't answer as there were no specific questions.

If we take just one item, say one of the Alu pre-Unibody PowerBooks or even one MacBook Pro, it's impossible to give even a guesstimate on the value without knowing it's precise specs, and most importantly if it's serviceable.

Similarly with the two G3 iBook Clamshells. If they won't boot you could have difficulty moving them. One appears to be a PowerBook2,1 300 or 366MHz, and the other possibly a PBook2,2 366 or 466MHz (the latter being more collectable depending on the processor speed), and especially if it's serviceable.

Ditto for the G4 PoweMacs. Are they QuickSilvers? / Gigabyte Ethernet? / MDD's?, and what specs?, and are they serviceable etc etc.

As already stated by 647156, the beige-era systems may find a buyer, but again it's very dependent on condition and if they boot. And on the latter or earlier towers, anything with a leaking PRAM battery could effectively reduce the value of a nice looking machine to next to nothing.

Imho even if you offered as a job lot at a very attractive price, without knowing what was serviceable and what was defective you'd be hard pushed to find a buyer. Even myself as a collector wouldn't know where to store the amount that you show as a job lot.

So, rather than being "disappointed with this forum", please help us to help you.
It's more than likely that you have one or more laptops there of potential interest to me, but I (and we on this forum thread) need to know more. If it's Manchester UK, I'm across the channel from you, but if I was closer, I'd certainly call in for a closer look.

Reactions: pl1984

reukiodo

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2013
Earth
I think it would be easier to sell small lots, if your goal is to offload everything, each lot with one of the more valued systems mentioned previously. You should get more money if you show them working.

Last edited:

toples50

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2008
Hopefully this is acceptable on this forum.

I deal with quite a bit of the apple back catalogue.
I do not seem to get the correct value for some of the classic items.
We've had Lisa's come through. and also a lot of iMacs, G3's, G4's, G5's, Mac pros.
So I'm looking on here for advice as well as looking at getting the word out about unusual items.
The pallet is advertised on eBay but reading through your forum you guys are rather experienced in this matter. View attachment 815135 View attachment 815136 View attachment 815137 View attachment 815138 View attachment 815139 View attachment 815140 View attachment 815141 View attachment 815142 View attachment 815143 View attachment 815144 If this isn't allowed please let me know.

Thanks Guys.

Playaeamonn I'm interested for some Macs from your collection.Can you post some to Europe?(Greece)

kyjaotkb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
London, UK
Your 17" Acrylic Display is worth close to nothing... I have been trying to sell mine for £15-20 for ages now and ended up keeping it as a companion to an old G4 as no one was interested. Best to bundle it with one of the G4s to increase the value of the bundle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.