Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
Hey guys i was wondering if annyone knows where i can pick up any old mac's like B&W G3's or old powerbooks in London???

I know of eBay but i am interested in any other places as ebay can be quite expensive, so if anyone knows of any computer shops in London or thereabout who sell vintage mac's i would be interested to know,

Thanks,

SHadOW ;)

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
I have found shops like Cash Converters to be a good source of cheap classic Macs. Often the staff have no idea what machine is and what its worth, you can pick up some real bargains. It will take a good bit of digging around before you hit gold, but it is out there. :D

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
Thanks, i was hoping to find somewhere like that where the staff wouldnt know what the machines are worth and sell them off for peanuts, anyway i may have to go around london checking out some cash converters,

SHadOW

Aeronautical

macrumors member
May 8, 2005
London
Hi, I am in london and a fan of vintage macs. Do you need many? I just got a really great vintage powerbook cheap on ebay (first g3 powerbook 250mhz, 5gb, 96MB Ram). Its still a good source of cheap macs, especially old B&Ws. I don't think many peopl want them right now, although I used one recently for a couple of months and did some real heavy duty work on it, ran illustrator 10 and photoshop 7 like a dream. Let me know if you have any luck at cash converters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.