Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xohan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
I used to have jailbreak on my iPhone 6, but i decided to remove it. Now i am trying to use an app called VIPPS, but when i open the app it says that my device is jailbroken, even though I removed the jailbreak. Is there any way around this?

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
I used to have jailbreak on my iPhone 6, but i decided to remove it. Now i am trying to use an app called VIPPS, but when i open the app it says that my device is jailbroken, even though I removed the jailbreak. Is there any way around this?

How did you remove the jailbrake and what iOS are you on?

Xohan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
I restored my phone using iTunes and I am on iOS 9.3
[doublepost=1459101427][/doublepost]
How did you remove the jailbrake and what iOS are you on?
I restored my phone using iTunes and I am on iOS 9.3

Xohan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
Are you sure you restored and not updated?
I'm not totally sure what i did, but it do not have cydia anyomore, and i am sure i don't have jailbreak. Do you think it will work if i restore my phone again?

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I'm not totally sure what i did, but it do not have cydia anyomore, and i am sure i don't have jailbreak. Do you think it will work if i restore my phone again?

I think the difference is, with a RESTORE it replaces the files in a different manner than an UPDATE, and UPDATE might leave something behind that VIPPS checks for as evidence that it is jailbroken. Alternatively have you tried methods of blocking the jialbreak protection, like flex, tsprotector, etc.

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
Did you restore data from a backup? If so, the problem might be something from there. Try a clean restore and test prior to restoring backup, if it works then but stops working after you restore from backup, then you know where the problem is!

Reactions: Xohan

Xohan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
Did you restore data from a backup? If so, the problem might be something from there. Try a clean restore and test prior to restoring backup, if it works then but stops working after you restore from backup, then you know where the problem is!
Thank you, i will try that method. Thanks for the help
[doublepost=1459158112][/doublepost]
I think the difference is, with a RESTORE it replaces the files in a different manner than an UPDATE, and UPDATE might leave something behind that VIPPS checks for as evidence that it is jailbroken. Alternatively have you tried methods of blocking the jialbreak protection, like flex, tsprotector, etc.
I will try to do a restore, Thanks for the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.