Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gerror

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
Since I installed Panther, Virtual PC crases all the time. I downloaded the lates update 6.1 but it still crashes after 5 minutes.
Then I installed jaguar on my external firewire drive and no difference.

Has anybody a suggestion?

Calliander

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2004
Re: Virtual PC crash

Originally posted by gerror
Since I installed Panther, Virtual PC crases all the time. I downloaded the lates update 6.1 but it still crashes after 5 minutes.
Then I installed jaguar on my external firewire drive and no difference.

Has anybody a suggestion?

Does it crash when loading Windows or at another point? What sort of error does it give you, if any?

You can do some minor plist troubleshooting. Navigate to /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Virtual PC 6.1 Preferences/. (It might be 6.0, I'm not sure. I have 6.0 so I don't know if it changes the folder name on upgrade.)

Pull the "Preferences.vpf" file out and either leave it on the desktop or put it in a safe folder where you'll remember its location. Then launch VPC.

You might need to register VPC again, but it's worth seeing if it will crash.

charles ababa

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2003
hi

I'm having problems installing windows 95 onto virtual pc 6.1 on jaguar, led me to discover that VPC dosen't work on G5's (see microsoft website).... maybe there are similar issues with Panther... wouldn't be surprised

good luck

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Originally posted by charles ababa
hi

I'm having problems installing windows 95 onto virtual pc 6.1 on jaguar, led me to discover that VPC dosen't work on G5's (see microsoft website).... maybe there are similar issues with Panther... wouldn't be surprised

good luck
It definitely works on Panther.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Re: Virtual PC crash

Originally posted by gerror
Virtual PC crases all the time

HEY! What's new?

seriously, VPC always crashed ALL the time for me, no matter what mac system i was on and no matter what windows version i was running.

it always helps thought to have a whole lot of ram, a huge processor, and whatnot. what computer / specs are you trying to run this from?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Try running it from OS 9. It tends to be faster and more stable in 9 than X (on my system at least).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.