Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
And I was just going to post this. About time for sure. When can we expect a feature list?

1macker1

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2003
A Higher Level
Has anyone ran Matlab or Maple on VPC? If so, how does it run,and what type of computer you have. I have a 800Mhz iMac G4, and i'm going to need to work with Matlab and Maple.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
We'll surely get to see a demo tomorrow (eh... today now... well, depends on where you are on the globe... or which time zone... or when you read this.. or where you read it... or... crap... I need help)

One thing in mind: Peformance?

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
Will I be able to keep a virtual PC I'm currently using in VPC 6? I really don't want to go through all those Windows updates again.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
solvs said:
I can't believe I'm actually excited about an M$ product! :eek: Here's hoping it doesn't suck. :p

My feeling is that the delay was also used to improve VPC. Since they have taken over VPC from Connectix, they should have been able to tweak it to improve compatibility and speed.

idkew

macrumors 68020
amin said:
Will I be able to keep a virtual PC I'm currently using in VPC 6? I really don't want to go through all those Windows updates again.

matters how much msft changed VPC7. i believe 5->6 only needed to update the pc "image". 7 will prolly need this, as well as maybe a download through VPC7 for the pc to work better.

hope we don't need to redo the entire pc. i just did that this week. it sucks. something like 40+ downloads for windows 2000 to be uptodate. why can't msft make 1 large d/l to do it all?

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
idkew said:
matters how much msft changed VPC7. i believe 5->6 only needed to update the pc "image". 7 will prolly need this, as well as maybe a download through VPC7 for the pc to work better.

hope we don't need to redo the entire pc. i just did that this week. it sucks. something like 40+ downloads for windows 2000 to be uptodate. why can't msft make 1 large d/l to do it all?

There is. It’s called Service Pack 4. That takes care of most of the downloads. Then you have other various patches which accounts for prob 10-20 other patches. Which can be decreased by half by simply installing the latest Internet Imploder patch which should decrease it further. All in all you should only be looking at about 15 patches total assuming you install them in the right order. Windows Update is funny like that. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.