Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DwightSchrute

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
Couple questions here. If I go online on my Windows partition (using Boot Camp) and get a virus will it mess up my Mac partition and if I do get a virus on Windows but then delete that partition will it go away?

Other question is is there a way to connect my Apple wireless jeyboard and Mighty Mouse or am I stuck with my Macbook keyboard/trackpad?

Thanks.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
DwightSchrute said:
Couple questions here. If I go online on my Windows partition (using Boot Camp) and get a virus will it mess up my Mac partition and if I do get a virus on Windows but then delete that partition will it go away?

Other question is is there a way to connect my Apple wireless jeyboard and Mighty Mouse or am I stuck with my Macbook keyboard/trackpad?

Thanks.
Windows doesn't know anything about the Mac filesystem. So in essence it's like your Mac partition doesn't exist and OS X should be fine.

If you go into System Preferences there is a Bluetooth preference pane. From there you should be able to do the initial detection and pair of your keyboard/mouse.

EDIT: If the virus is on the Windows partition and you delete that partition or reinstall Windows that virus will be gone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.