Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Does anyone here use Visible? I know it depends on your location like all cell services but how is the service for you so far ?

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
Does anyone here use Visible? I know it depends on your location like all cell services but how is the service for you so far ?
Tried to use it a few months ago. Three days of activation nightmare trying to get a new line working. NOT a port, a new line with a new sim they sent me on a new iPhone 11 Pro. Never did get it working.

• Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I do! Socal user, work in the middle of nowhere but because it’s on Verizon towers I get full internet (my sprint, T-Mobile coworkers are SOL). And, I pay $25 because of the party plan. Each of us pay $25. Best deal in town. Believe the hype cause it’s real.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
I do! Socal user, work in the middle of nowhere but because it’s on Verizon towers I get full internet. And, I pay $25 because of the party plan. Each of us pay $25. Best deal in town.

Thanks just got it but not sure if I am keeping it yet.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
What's your take on it? I don't really see any big cons to dump it. Other con is lack of customer support which is only relevant to me when setting up. Otherwise I don't contact customer service. Everything is on the visible app that you need to make it work.

I think if you use your data a lot for critical things for your job, like uploading at peak use hours, then if your data is de-prioritized then that might be an issue but I feel its rare that happens to me. Its never been an issue for me. My sister uses her visible to stream video all day for her work (netflix), and its been a non-issue. She used to pay over $100 for verizon. She now pays $25 for visible.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
What's your take on it? I don't really see any big cons to dump it.

Well only tried 4g lte so far on my phone no tethering yet. I am testing it at home will see how good it is or the real test will be when out and about.

All I need is 1 Mbps minimum mostly. Anything faster is a bonus!

I am mainly using it as a backup for now.

May use the texting but that is it.

I wish they had plans with just data but it is ok. That and supported esim instead of just normal sim.

$20 was is not to bad to try them for 1 month at least.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
My main dilemma is if I should switch my prepaid AT&T number to esim then use Visible for the normal sim. I am worried I won't be able to go back to normal sim on prepaid AT&T number. That or their is a disadvantage of using a esim as my main line and a normal sim as my secondary line/backup line.

I am not sure how my watch will handle using the esim on my phone as a main line too.

menist

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2010
California
I had it for a year, just switch to att prepaid. It was good at the beginning,but lately their speed have become unusable for me, during anytime of the day/night.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Well only tried 4g lte so far on my phone no tethering yet. I am testing it at home will see how good it is or the real test will be when out and about.

All I need is 1 Mbps minimum mostly. Anything faster is a bonus!

I am mainly using it as a backup for now.

May use the texting but that is it.

I wish they had plans with just data but it is ok. That and supported esim instead of just normal sim.

$20 was is not to bad to try them for 1 month at least.
Oh man I love tethering. It’s included with the $25 plan. I work remotely and use it all the time. It works well with my MacBook and iPad. I didn’t have this option to tether when I had cricket wireless. It’s a great feature.

Todd H

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2002
Eastman, Georgia
I just switched over from Verizon and so far it's been awesome. Got two more slots in my Party Pay if anyone is interested in joining.

IphoneX9753

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2020
It is like Verizon’s version of Cricket from ATT. Verizon owns them...you aren’t going to get Verizon’s top tier speeds but for $25/line you can’t beat it.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Nice, been with them for close to 9 months already. Its almost too good to be true plus we will get 5g for free. Can't beat that.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
FYI I’d you don’t find someone he here there’s a visible Reddit specifically finding party pay members. That’s how I filled my last slot.

Reactions: Breaking Good

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
HA yah. Funny enough the first time it was just me and I joined three other people. But i left that party pay to link my account and my wife's account. Very easy and everyone is responsible for their payments.

Reactions: Davidhedge

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I chatted visivlentech support and they say I don’t need a new sim to access 5g. Hope the rep is correct. Will see relatively soon.

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
I tried out Visible to test the Verizon service quality in our area. Speeds are ok, but it is stated upfront that it is depriorotzed. They will also be supporting 5G in the coming months, so any iPhone 12 owners on Visible have that to look forward to.

I ended up going with postpaid Verizon, but may consider them down the line if they add cellular Apple Watch support.

Still a great carrier if you are on a budget and don’t mind the depriortization.

Knightimer

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Hi, I have been using them for over a year. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area and the service works good in my area. I love the hotspot I get for free. And for $40.00, it's a steal. I was paying close to $90.00 with ATT single line. I should do party pay and try to get it down to $25.00.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Yes get party pay. Go on Reddit To find members. Your literally letting free money go.

I use hot spot so much Ever since I started working from home. Also traveling. Macs iPhones and iPads just work so well. My devices automatically connect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.