Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brianus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
Is there any way to find out which apps (both native and "compatible" iPad apps) are actually available for download on the Vision Pro without actually owning the device?

I use an iPad for about 80% of my work and so am considering a Vision Pro since it's basically a spatial iPad... but my workflows requires a significant number of specific apps be available, without which the thing would be an expensive paper weight. Would be nice if we could get this intel before buying.

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
Is there any way to find out which apps (both native and "compatible" iPad apps) are actually available for download on the Vision Pro without actually owning the device?

I use an iPad for about 80% of my work and so am considering a Vision Pro since it's basically a spatial iPad... but my workflows requires a significant number of specific apps be available, without which the thing would be an expensive paper weight. Would be nice if we could get this intel before buying.
From memory, when you view an app in the app store, scroll down, and the devices the app works on are listed under "Compatibility". I'm not on my iphone right now so can't check, but I would assume it would it would indicate there if the app was compatible with the Vision Pro?

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
From memory, when you view an app in the app store, scroll down, and the devices the app works on are listed under "Compatibility". I'm not on my iphone right now so can't check, but I would assume it would it would indicate there if the app was compatible with the Vision Pro?
The iOS App Store shows visionOS compatibility for an app, but the Mac App Store does not show it in search results, but does show it on the main view of the app.

Last edited:
Reactions: G5isAlive

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
I'll help - someone posted this link in another thread. Important to note - this is a listing of apps developed or ported as Vision Pro apps. There are apps not listed here you can use on the VP - iPad apps - that are compatible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.