Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Given the critical nature of the optics and Zeiss lenses (if you have them) does it seal them off to prevent dust or other things settling? The riser in the Apple travel case seems to do that.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
Given the critical nature of the optics and Zeiss lenses (if you have them) does it seal them off to prevent dust or other things settling? The riser in the Apple travel case seems to do that.
Given how the back end with the lenses is angled downwards, dust would have difficulty getting to the lenses. Additionally, even if that were not true, a Kiwi Designs lens protector pad should work fine.

jsdev

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2023
This thread is funny but I agree with OP, if you are not interested in 3D printing, then get it as a one-time thing from Etsy, but if you like 3D modeling, and have always wanted one, I think this would be a perfect opportunity to get one, but getting an entire 3D printer setup, which includes space to put it, time to search for the model, find a printer, get the printer, setup the printer, tweak the model, a 3D modeling program, knowing how to use the 3D modeling program, and all the cleaning up afterwards is definitely not worth just one print.

DMG35

Contributor
Original poster
May 27, 2021
This thread is funny but I agree with OP, if you are not interested in 3D printing, then get it as a one-time thing from Etsy, but if you like 3D modeling, and have always wanted one, I think this would be a perfect opportunity to get one, but getting an entire 3D printer setup, which includes space to put it, time to search for the model, find a printer, get the printer, setup the printer, tweak the model, a 3D modeling program, knowing how to use the 3D modeling program, and all the cleaning up afterwards is definitely not worth just one print.

No it is! Its been pointed out by a couple in here that I should have purchased a $1000 3D Printer, buy the spools, research the design, and then print it. It makes total sense that since I have zero interest in 3D prinitng that I should buy a printer and create a design for the one time I ever want to use it.

The next time I see a nice suit I want to buy I'm gonna rethink it. I should invest in a sewing machine, thread, and go to design school and make my own. Then self-tailor it because why pay someone to do that when I could do it myself.

I'm also going to start cutting my own hair because I can, therefore I should.

• Haha
Reactions: TLewis and gerald.d

Topfry

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2011
A dozen store bought eggs cost $3 or $60 for 240 eggs.
50lb bag of chicken feed at $7 will last 8 months and producing 240+ ultra fresh eggs.

Just buy a chicken raise it and eat fresh eggs. lol
Convivence always has a price.
Or cut out the middleman and lay them yourself. That’s what I did it’s so simple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.