Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Here is our first Vision Pro app which will be available at launch (actually hoping to get a quick update with some extra content added before launch). https://vizmystech.com/flow-infinity-dreams.php

Charging a straight $4.99. Free updates and no in app purchases or annoying ****ing subscription (can you tell I HATE what the App Store has become 😂).

FLOW INFINITY: Dreams was developed from the ground up for Vision Pro. While there is an iOS version of the app, everything for the Vision Pro version needed to be redone and to take advantage of it’s unique features (and the extra processing power). Of course the meditation experiences are also unique to the Vision Pro version and feature full 4K 60fps for the visual experiences (while iOS uses 2K 30fps).

I honestly had a BLAST developing for Vision OS. Creating the immersive spaces was by far my favorite aspect. As a developer, it’s a lot more intimate to create virtual worlds that fully immerse the user compared to developing touch interfaces for iOS.

Big thanks to anyone who tries out the app. More updates will follow shortly!
Nice! Did you use all SwiftUI or did you use some UIKit as well?

terminator-jq

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
I wish there were a way to present a view modally from NavigationStack, but .navigationDestination only supports a push.
I actually ran into that same issue! There's definitely some odd limitations that come up when developing for Vision Pro compared to iOS. Then again, there's also areas where Vision OS development has been a little more simple than iOS (especially since its only 1 device as apposed to designing for iPhone and iPad devices).

I think the biggest limitations for me have been working with Reality Composer Pro. There's some major features missing that should be included in a modern real time 3D engine. What Apple has provided so far is pretty basic... Hopefully they will upgrade it more as time goes on so we can push the graphical fidelity a little more and have more freedom to experiment with different graphical styles.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
I have two UIKit apps that I made native to the Vision Pro by doing the UIViewRepresentable thing and I created some SwiftUI views.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Question. Is there a way to hook up the Apple Vision Pro to the Mac for development without using the $299 dongle? I was thinking of a USB-C cable from the battery to the Mac. Someone mentioned wireless, but usually one has to connect first.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Question. Is there a way to hook up the Apple Vision Pro to the Mac for development without using the $299 dongle? I was thinking of a USB-C cable from the battery to the Mac. Someone mentioned wireless, but usually one has to connect first.
Go here to get instructions on how to pair your Apple Vision Pro with your Mac for development.

Reactions: Amazing Iceman

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Looks like the New Horizons spacecraft made an appearance in my house today.
IMG_0045.PNG

• Love
Reactions: Amazing Iceman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.