Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlaylor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2000
Ingleside, TX
I have been using my Vision Pro for almost a month now, and have submitted multiple bug reports and suggestions to Apple. One of my issues is that I have a large library of movies and TV shows on my server in M4V format which my Apple TVs throughout the home easily and can rapidly access. Since apple currently does not allow Apple TV access to Home libraries on the VP, you have to use the FILES app to access them.
Not so fast - there are bugs in that app that drop file names over the normal list process on large directories with 100 - 200 Mbps n and ac networks. The VP, like most current apple products supports the 802.11ax protocol, but typical home wiring goes no higher than 1Gps (still up to 5 times faster than 802.11ac).
My home network is already wired with 10Gps fiber, but my current net gear wireless only supports 1Gps wire. I just purchased an ASUS RT-AX89X AX6000 WiFi 6 router. This is a new class of WiFi routers that have 10Gps connections (copper and fiber). Once installed, and because I set this up as an additional network that only 802.11ax devices are connected, the speed changes on the VP are dramatic. HUGE directories list without loss. Large M4V movies load in seconds. The bug, as far as I’m concerned is still there. The FILES app should never incompletely list a directory, but this workaround has the added benefit of overall improvement throughout all apps using WiFi.
I welcome comments, corrections and further discussion.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.