Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
So I was curious about this quest 3 Versus AVP so Got one to try out from Amazon. I think the original post said it Best when he made the comment about the Q3 being like a Fisher-Price toy. One can see why it is so much cheaper it’s totally made of plastic and the software is not nearly as good as the AVP. Now I’m not Technically inclined, kind of guy, but just from playing with it for about two hours, I can see it’s benefits but totally disagree with those that make direct comparisons. I would keep the Q3 for Games and Fitness applications, which is not something the AVP is made for I didn’t notice any difference in weight, but that is an individual call. I know the Q3 is lighter. The AVP is light years ahead of this gaming headset. The ability to navigate between programs, open windows position them Wherever you want. the amount of serious technology that went into this is mind blowing. That being It does bring some serious gaming, and I look forward to the Fitness programs. It’s a good product, but the AVP is better hands-down. One is a sophisticated technological marvel that One can do serious work and incorporated into your daily work routine and the other one is Basically a toy basically for kids and adult children, me included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.