Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gthompson20

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Indiana, USA
I have noticed since I got my Inserts that when I use them the windows looked Skewed. It’s like someone grabbed the top right corner of the screen and pushed it backwards in 3d Space. If I close 1 eye (doesn’t matter which one) the window looks normal. Also when using my contacts the window looks normal. My Right eye prescription is weaker than my left eye and I am not sure if that is what is causing the distortions. I filed feedback asking Apple to fix this, and or give us a way to manually modify the windows so that I could correct the skewed look. I also have a call scheduled with Apple Support this afternoon.

Has anyone else seen this?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Sounds similar to this:

Reactions: 4sallypat

gthompson20

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Indiana, USA
Actually, I think I have an answer.... I had to go to the eye Dr. to get my script updated to order the Inserts... I got new glasses as well. Today I picked up those new glasses and lo and behold, screens in real life now look exactly like the Vision Pro rectangles. I remember my eye Dr. Mentioning an Astigmatism this time, and I read that this distortion can come from astigmatism correction and should get better the longer I wear my glasses!

AlastorKatriona

Suspended
Nov 3, 2023
Actually, I think I have an answer.... I had to go to the eye Dr. to get my script updated to order the Inserts... I got new glasses as well. Today I picked up those new glasses and lo and behold, screens in real life now look exactly like the Vision Pro rectangles. I remember my eye Dr. Mentioning an Astigmatism this time, and I read that this distortion can come from astigmatism correction and should get better the longer I wear my glasses!
Interesting situation.

Hooshka

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2014
Berkeley, CA
I’m having the same problem with skewed windows and my astigmatism prescription is the same as it always was. I’m wondering if the software isn’t correctly compensating for the astigmatism. I tried reinserting the lenses and recalibrating, but still the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.