Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

menziep

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Can someone send (PM) me a beta key for MS Windows Vista RC1,

Thanks

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
According to an article from Digg: if you install and leave the product key area blank, you should be able to choose Vista Ultimate on the next screen and it will continue to install without any problems.

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
I do believe that product key begging is against posting rules.
I would recommend going elsewhere for your query.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I don't know the rules behind Vista Beta, but I assume keys are not publicly available? You have to have one for whatever reason.

Anyhow, as with all keys, if you aren't supposed to have one, then we can't condone using the forums to find one. Same with pirated files, serial numbers for applications, etc...

sorry,
arn

Steve Jobless

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2006
anyone can get a key its an issue of whether or not they signed up for the beta program when the keys were being given away.

anyways i belive the keys can be linked for up to 14 (might be 10) computers

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Steve Jobless said:
anyone can get a key its an issue of whether or not they signed up for the beta program when the keys were being given away.

anyways i belive the keys can be linked for up to 14 (might be 10) computers
Would that make it legal then? If so, someone PM me!!

(seriously, only if the above post is true and legal. Otherwise leave me alone. :eek: )

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
lol... wouldn't it only be perfectly legal if the person subscribed/signed up/registered use for him/herself? i dont know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.