Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
i was staring at the visualizer in iTunes tonight and this thing is awesome! it seems that it was custom tailored to each individual song. i think its obvious apple developers grew up in the 70's and are former LSD addicts.

sonofslim

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2003
Re: visualizer in iTunes

Originally posted by slipper
i was staring at the visualizer in iTunes tonight and this thing is awesome! it seems that it was custom tailored to each individual song.

yeah... i've spent hours staring at iTunes, stone cold sober.

did you know there are ways to control what you're seeing on the visualizer? i don't remember them offhand, so you'll have to look around on the computer superweb. you can pick color schemes, patterns, etc. and even save your favorites. it sort of takes away the magic once you see what parameters there are and how they affect the visuals, but it's there if you want it.

even knowing how it works, i'm still convinced iTunes has a special "Radiohead mode" that somehow knows when it's playing and brings out the extra-special light show.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.