Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
IMG_0158.jpeg

This phone seems to keep appearing on my social media feeds and in YT video recommendations - so I decided to have a little look into it during the festive period when I was meant to be working (lol).

I’ve never tried a Vivo phone before and have no idea if this is even making its way over to the UK or even Europe, but the camera on this thing looks seriously impressive!

The early reviews seem to say that it’s got an impressive camera array, and I recall seeing a guy on Twitter posting telephoto photos from a phone that he wasn’t allowed to unveil which looked unreal.
It turns out it was this - the Vivo X100 Pro.

I don’t think I love the overall look of the phone. There’s a curve to the glass (nooo), and I think the back is pretty ugly, but the camera looks soooo good.

Here’s a good hands on video where the guy shows some samples, and the way the lenses all swap between each other with zero focussing delay is pretty amazing.

Anyone like the look / tempted by one of these?!

Reactions: jamezr

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
Damn and here I thought the iPhone Pro Max has developed a huge rear camera housing on the back, yikes!

Reactions: jamezr

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
just wait for the vivo 100 ultra lol

said to have 200mp telephoto lens. photos do seem fantastic on this phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.