Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Ah, mrOPPOshill/mrBBKshill.
I dislike Vivo phones, considering they are not that cheap, and you will barely get one Android update, if ever. So what's the point of fancy cameras when the phone's OS and security will be out of date in a year or two. Vivo phones are designed for people who change phones every 6 months.

davidako

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2021
Ah, mrOPPOshill/mrBBKshill.
I dislike Vivo phones, considering they are not that cheap, and you will barely get one Android update, if ever. So what's the point of fancy cameras when the phone's OS and security will be out of date in a year or two. Vivo phones are designed for people who change phones every 6 months.

Yeah but those photos blow the iPhone 13 Pro out of the water.

Apple has such a massive camera bump they should be doing more.

Perhaps there could yet be software improvements to close the massive gap in night photographs. Apple definitely has the processing power.

Apple please bring that horizon stabilisation to iPhone 14.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia

Perhaps there could yet be software improvements to close the massive gap in night photographs. Apple definitely has the processing power.

Not all the photos nor videos "blow the iPhone out of the water." Some of the night iPhone photos actually look more natural while the Vivo is just a messy blown out "night" photos. Movement in video is still better on the iPhone.

Sure, the horizon leveling is a neat gimmick. But he didn't actually go into detail about it. We didn't even see the actual video quality of it, just a demo of the phone recording it. What a shill.

Also, remember, this is mrOPPOshill. He's literally employed by Oppo/Vivo/BBK. He was presenting one of their keynotes. I would take anything great he said about BBK phones with a grain of salt. Literally just marketing fluff with zero actual details nor review.

And yes, Vivo sell phones in my country. And while the X series maybe will get one Android upgrade, the rest of Vivo models (V, Y, and below) are not even getting a single Android upgrade. Vivo literally is selling phones as throwaways. And for the price they're selling the X series for, might as well get a Samsung.

I would pick a Xiaomi anytime over Vivo/Oppo.

Last edited:
Reactions: CheesegraterMac

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

Yes the photos do look great in a lot of the shots but at the same time not all night shots look realistic. If it becomes too bright and saturated and more like day then it loses that effect.

that said the gn1 sensor is very impressive what they have managed to do with their photos. Videos though look awful

the night mode on the 13 pro line is stunning and a much improved from last years. Certainly the way it looks on people for example.

Vivo are doing some very good things but the software is a big deal on a phone and i don’t trust it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.