Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needlz

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Zurich, Switzerland
Hello,

I've following problem. My MBA (11", 2011) is connected with a Thunderbolt Display. When I play something with iTunes, it uses my Thunderbolt Display speakers (which are selected in System Settings as default device). However VLC (2.0.0) plays sound through the internal speakers.. and I have no idea how to make it use the 'default device' for sound output.

Did anyone notice the same? How did you fix it?

Thanks.

Last edited:

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
Hello,

I've following problem. My MBA (11", 2011) is connected with a Thunderbolt Display. When I play something with iTunes, it uses my Thunderbolt Display speakers (which are selected in System Settings as default device). However VLC (2.0.0) plays sound through the internal speakers.. and I have no idea how to make it use the 'default device' for sound output.

Did anyone notice the same? How did you fix it?

Thanks.

Did you try this?

Attachments

• Menubar.png
    Menubar.png
    231.3 KB · Views: 107

needlz

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Zurich, Switzerland
Thanks a lot for your help. I didn't have any entries in that list, but after restarting VLC everything started to work. I guess it's because I have started VLC before attaching for the Display, silly me :)

Cheers & have a nice day

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.