Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
Anyone happen to know if VMWare Fusion can build a VM from the Software Install DVDs that came with older Intel machines - I'm thinking specifically of a version of Snow Leopard that came with a Mac Mini.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Anyone happen to know if VMWare Fusion can build a VM from the Software Install DVDs that came with older Intel machines - I'm thinking specifically of a version of Snow Leopard that came with a Mac Mini.
VMware will only allow you to virtualize the server versions of Leopard and Snow Leopard due to Apple’s license restrictions with those old versions, so no, what you’re asking won’t work.

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
VMware will only allow you to virtualize the server versions of Leopard and Snow Leopard due to Apple’s license restrictions with those old versions, so no, what you’re asking won’t work.
yeh, i discovered that little wrinkle... luckily I found someone who was selling a SL Server DVD set, with the cellophane packaging and manual, and serials still attached, for an impulse purchase price (ie not the several hundred USD some folks were asking), so that's sorted.

Reactions: MacFoxG4
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.