Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Estyzesty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
My husband has VMware Fusion installed on his Macbook Pro. He initially allocated a lot of space to the Windows partition, thinking he would use it. He hasn't needed it, but is out of space on the Mac side, and wanted to change this. I tried to repartition it using what I found in this article How to repartition physical disk space in VMware Fusion

http://masonsklut.com/how-to-repartition-physical-disk-space-in-vmware-fusion/

I followed the steps pretty much exactly, but I did use the download file from above which was gparted live 0.4 which he says is not the right one even though that's the one that is linked, and also this is with Windows 8 x64 not XP. Also I was using this to SHRINK the size of the Windows partition down from around 150Gb to 110Gb. I suspect maybe I chose an arbitrary number that was too small and it damaged some files. Because now when I try to start VMware, it says

PC needs to be repaired, require file is missing or contains errors. Error code 0xc000225, \windows\system32\winload.exe I get the blue screen of death!

What can I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.