Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wubbdie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2021
Germany
Hey there!
I‘ve just bought an Alpine ilx-705d and I’m experiencing crackles when doing telephone calls via CarPlay. I have no crackles when listening to music or checking my mailbox via CarPlay. It also doesn’t crackle when doing calls via Bluetooth. It only crackles when doing an active call via CarPlay (both on wlan and original Apple cable).

What I tried to solve the problem:
- doing the lastest firmware update on the Alpine unit and doing a reset after that.
- updating my iPhone 13 Pro Max to iOS 17.3 and doing a reset after that.
- pairing both again via cable
- changed the cable
- turning of CarPlay via wlan
- also tried 2 other iPhones (same problem)
- did a call with Apple support. The did a diagnostic of my phone which was okay.
- called Alpine support but they where not able to help.
- lowered the call volume but there’s still distortion/ crackling with low volume.

Since I‘m doing a lot of calls in my car the crackling / distortion is driving me nuts. I had the previous Alpine model with the same phone and never experienced this. Can someone help? Maybe it’s the unit itself or is it a software problem? Thanks in advance for your help!

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
Not sure if this is your issue, but mine does the same thing when the person on the other line is on speakerphone or if they have CarPlay as well.

I think it has to do with lack of noise, cancellation or something somewhere.

No crackling or cut outs when the other person stops using speaker phone.

Again, might not be your issue.

wubbdie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2021
Germany
Not sure if this is your issue, but mine does the same thing when the person on the other line is on speakerphone or if they have CarPlay as well.

I think it has to do with lack of noise, cancellation or something somewhere.

No crackling or cut outs when the other person stops using speaker phone.

Again, might not be your issue.
I‘m afraid this is not the problem since all calls are distorted. The CarPlay voice call signal seems to be too loud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.