Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ggab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
When I'm on a speakerphone FaceTime call or a regular speakerphone call with my wife when she’s using her iPhone 11 Pro her voice cuts out UNLESS I put her on mute. The fact that putting her on mute on my phone stops her voice from cutting out shows it's not a hardware problem with her phone, but rather maybe an issue with ANC. It seems to be worse when there's noise around me. This started when we switched her from an iPhone X to an iPhone 11 Pro (didn't have any speakerphone issues when she was on an iPhone X). Here is an Apple community post with over 1000 "Me too's" and 21 pages of discussions of people having the same problems. Lots of people have said that they've gotten replacement iPhone 11 Pro's and still have the problem. My wife has made it a point to carry her AirPod's with her since she's able to do FaceTime calls just fine with them. I got us both on the iOS 15 Beta hoping it would fix the issue but it hasn't. I've submitted feedback through the Feedback app but I don't have a lot of hope they'll fix it. I don't understand why this problem isn't more widespread...but yet it's widespread enough that it's effecting a lot of people. Anyone else have this issue and any suggestions on how to get Apple's attention on this?

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
there's over 1000 people with the same problem talking about it on the apple forum.

Last edited:

ggab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
there's over 1000 people with the same problem talking about it on the apple forum. How much more validation do you need?
I personally don't need any more validation. We're the one being inconvenienced with it. Would be nice if Apple acknowledged it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.