Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Okay, I had a thread like this a while back, but it was before I jailbroke my phone.
I'm looking for either something from the appstore(free or paid) or something thru cydia/installer where I can record a voice note and then email it. My main objective is to email my voice recordings to tumblr for an audio blog for a couple of friends overseas. So basically need a way to record my voice to a .mp3 file and then email it.

Anyone got any ideas or other options for audio blogging?

Macisgr8

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
Look UP JOTT its 3.95 a month (or more for longer msgs) but it is really nice and I highly recommend it it auto posts to blogs or emails u

ljmjag

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2005
Try Ecco Note Pro. You can record notes and email them immediately to any contact. I've tried a bunch of the different voice recorders and this one is my favorite because of that feature. I never have to worry about syncing my notes since I can just email them to myself if necessary.

And it costs....all of $.99.

I am not affiliated with them, just a regular iphone user who has purchased and/or used over 100 apps.

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
I'll try that ecco note pro out first. Which file format does it use? I think I saw one of the reviews saying it doesn't do .mp3

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Recorder does for 99 cents. It's not straight-up e-mailing. It saves your recording on a Web site and then e-mails a link to it. But in essence you can send digital audio recordings through it. I think it uses AIFF instead of MP3, but pretty much the same thing. My only issue was when I tried to use it instead of a digital recorder, it go crash -- but that was before 2.1.

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Recorder does for 99 cents. It's not straight-up e-mailing. It saves your recording on a Web site and then e-mails a link to it. But in essence you can send digital audio recordings through it. I think it uses AIFF instead of MP3, but pretty much the same thing. My only issue was when I tried to use it instead of a digital recorder, it go crash -- but that was before 2.1.

I tried recorder and it wasn't too bad, but the link to the file kind of turned me off a bit. But it may be something I could do for the time being. Also, I think the file is only good for ten days or something right, which won't work either...

TechJunky

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
I'd like to know as well. All the app reviews are old and I'm sure a lot of apps have had updates since the reviews. I'm tempted to try ecco note pro but I'm not sure if it still records in mono like some reviews say. Also, most apps don't specify what format they record in. I too would like mp3 for flexibility.

Anyone else care to comment on their favorite voice recorder?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.