Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I use Voice to text to compose everything. Since I've upgraded to 8.2 I see the composition as I speak but when I close the voice box all of the text disappears.
This doesn't happen everywhere but it does happen in forms where I am replying to a personal message in a forum.
Is this an 8.2 bug messed up my settings somehow.
Currently I am composing this using voice to text in notes but must copy it and put it in the form I'm going to submit this forum.
This happens on my iPhone 6 and iPad rMini.

perkedel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2014
California
I use Voice to text to compose everything. Since I've upgraded to 8.2 I see the composition as I speak but when I close the voice box all of the text disappears.
This doesn't happen everywhere but it does happen in forms where I am replying to a personal message in a forum.
Is this an 8.2 bug messed up my settings somehow.
Currently I am composing this using voice to text in notes but must copy it and put it in the form I'm going to submit this forum.
This happens on my iPhone 6 and iPad rMini.

I had this happened couple days ago when replying a message on Facebook in Safari. It didn't use to do this before in 8.1.3.
You should report it to Apple Feedback

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I had this happened couple days ago when replying a message on Facebook in Safari. It didn't use to do this before in 8.1.3.
You should report it to Apple Feedback

I will do just that.
It does not happen in notes , but just happened in this form trying to reply to you.
So to compose something using voice to text I must create it in notes and then copy it over to the MacRumors reply form :(

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I did.
It seems it has to do with the voice to text engine. I've found that if I click done at the bottom of the voice wave, the text dissapears, but if I tap the text after the dictation, the text stays. I then close the voice box and all is good. So, for now I will simply tap on the text I've been dictating and won't lose my work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.