Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I know this might not be an iPhone thing, but we upgraded our phones and now one of the iPhones voicemail appears to be unavailable. When you call the phone it says the "subscriber is unavailable" and if you dial the number from the actual phone to try to access the voicemail you get a busy signal.

Is this something I can fix? Or do I have to call AT&T? The wait time was quite long, so I could try again if I need to, but wanted to try to figure it out first.

Make7UpYours728

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Florida
im having the same issue on a 5s, for ATT,

when i go to Phone-> voice mail it just dials a "voicemail" which doesn't give me any options, it isn't anything to do with me.

when someone calls my phone they get a busy signal instead of a voice mail

wicker21

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
im having the same issue on a 5s, for ATT,

when i go to Phone-> voice mail it just dials a "voicemail" which doesn't give me any options, it isn't anything to do with me.

when someone calls my phone they get a busy signal instead of a voice mail

Had the same issue with T-Mobile. I had to call them and have them turn on the Visual Voicemail feature for my account. It took about a day afterwords for it to start working as expected.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Called att, it voicemail was somehow disabled when they upgraded the phone. Thanks for the replies

Make7UpYours728

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Florida
Same deal with me, talked with ATT and they told me that visual VM was turned off on my account, turned it back on and worked in minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.