Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
people in this thread had it working on EE. I was really looking forward to this feature.

Reactions: GreyOS

LewisChapman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2015
Visual Transcript is NOT supported by EE at the moment. There was a question on this, on their forums yeserday and an EE rep confirmed that this currently is not supported by their network in the UK.

So visual voicemail is supported and visual transcript isn't supported. You would think they would work together but hey ho!

DiscoMcDisco

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2013
London
I'm not getting much out of O2 about it, enough people have asked they now have a scripted reply (I asked three reps in live chat).

Oh well, will wait and see

Preetraj

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2016
UK
Any updates on this on EE in the UK? Do people have it working or does it only work is Siri is set to US?

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
What about this? Did Apple forget about transcription in the UK?
I have a feeling it was originally released as a beta feature for US, do you know if it got out of beta?

Wonder if there just wasn’t much demand for it. Speaking personally, voicemails are quite rare, people prefer to message instead of call. Not saying this applies to everyone, just it may be a factor in why Apple didn’t bother or are being slow.

erpetao

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Funny thing is, when this was announced 2 years ago I cancelled my premium subscription to Hullomail, as Apple was going to give me the service for free. So now I guess it's time to consider enabling it again?

Eliottjames

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2014
Voicemail transcription has suddenly started working for me. Running 12.1 with EE as my carrier. Finally!

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
Voicemail transcription has suddenly started working for me. Running 12.1 with EE as my carrier. Finally!

Is your region set to UK or USA?

UK pepole are setting their region to USA to get voicemail transcription but this causes issues in voice, Siri understanding, regional spelling, etc.

What EE carrier version have you got? (settings, about, scroll down). I have 34.0

marklemac

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2003
Southampton, UK.
Is your region set to UK or USA?

UK pepole are setting their region to USA to get voicemail transcription but this causes issues in voice, Siri understanding, regional spelling, etc.

What EE carrier version have you got? (settings, about, scroll down). I have 34.0

My carrier is v35.00 but not working.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
It seems you may be set for the US language. This isn't for UK people otherwise we would be reading some announcements. There is nothing on the EE forum from users.

4LSD

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2021
Any recent updates to this in the U.K.?

I’m on Sky Mobile (O2) and have visual voicemail but not transcription.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
Nothing for EE and they are the Apple partners for the UK I believe.
Lots of things are US only - Apple Credit cards, sending money via messages, voicemail transcription. .

"Note: Voicemail, Visual Voicemail, and Voicemail transcription are available from select carriers in select countries or regions."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.