Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madphill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
Wow. I've just gotten a MacPro and I was stoked until I started having issues.

First:
If I try to restart lately the machine will NOT reboot. It stalls on the white/grey screen. I hold down the power button to power down...power it back up...same thing. The ONLY way I've found to get around it is to kill the power on my surge protector then start it up and it will boot. I haven't tried safe mode or any of that yet, because I just discovered it...but still. Come on! Anybody have tips on repairing this issue?

Second issue:
About a week ago my machine also stopped responding to the volume up, down, and mute keys. I can hear the beeping when I hit the keys so that I know the connection is good...and the fact that I can type, but the volume is only adjustable through the speaker icon at the top right of the screen.

I've gone into speaker settings and output is set to my lineout...I am at a loss.

I've also gone into Disk Utility and repaired permissions...Nothing.

Thanks for any guidance!
:eek: :apple:

quasar720

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2004
Berkley, MI
I am having precisely the same problems. No recent software installs/upgrades that I can imagine would be causing this.

Does anyone know what the cause is?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.