Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geekparrot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2014
Hi!

I have a little one who constantly slides the volume all the way up when she watches iTunes videos. I've tried enabling restrictions for limiting the volume (e.g. http://www.howtogeek.com/224491/how...her-apple-devices-and-save-your-kids-hearing/) - but it doesn't seem to take any effect. I am running iOS 9.2.1 (latest version as of now) but for some reason she can still turn the volume all the way up.

I go to Music - and set the max volume for abut halfway, then go to General --> Restrictions and enable restrictions --> then set Volume Limit --> Don't Allow Changes. Still allows her to change the volume on movies.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is this a known issue, or am I missing something simple? She doesn't use headphones, this is using the built-in iPad speakers only.

Thanks for any help!

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
I was under the impression that it only affects headphone volume.

I would use guided access instead. There you can turn off hardware buttons or even stop input on parts of the display. You trigger it with a triple click on the home button when enabled. And you need a password to turn it off or Touch ID.

Geekparrot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2014
Great idea. I gave that a try, but restricts her from being able to switch apps or change / ffwd moves (which I want her to have). I appreciate the advice, hopefully there is some way to just limit sound. Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.