Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philipefth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2015
Hi everyone! I have an iPhone 6 bought in Europe running the iOS 9 Public Beta. Whenever I listened to music on my old iPhone (bought from the UE), I was able to turn the volume up to the max. However, I noticed that with this one, that whenever i turn the volume up to a certain point, section of the bars turns yellow/red. I find this quite annoying, since there is no way to bybass it or to change it. I tried changing the region settings, tried putting restrictions on the volume, but nothing. This only happens on devices bought in Europe, and I'm not talking about the "EU volume limit" or the "Volume Limit". It is enabled from the moment you first activate the phone. I've also read that this limit doesn't only warn you, but it actually forbits you from listening music to the max volume that the apple devices from the US allow you to. It's really irritating since I now can hear people chuckling around me in the street and on the bus, when that wasn't happening before. Any fix, anyone?

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
Are you sure the max volume levels are actually different? I'm familiar with the colour of the bar changing, but didn't know the volume was actually limited. (I'm in the UK)

If you can here people talking, they can probably here your music too, so I'd suggest some In ear headphones. Then no one hears your music, and you don't hear your fellow passengers :)

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
its just as loud actually. the only difference is the freaking annoying pop up warning that lights up the screen every time you turn the volume up over a certain level

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I believe EU laws require that as well as headphones that have volume limits - most of the world doesn't want those limits.

Blame the lawyers

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
my 5s is in the same behaviour, i'm from turkey and those limits are available in our country..but there is an easy way to bypass this limit and use the volume bar same as an american device.

watch this video and follow the steps one by one carefully. and your device will be out of volume limit like an american device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.