Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fer MacBook Pro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2022
I’m having an issue, in terminal with my disk0 it won’t let me mount in from disk utility or in terminal with command:

diskutil mountDisk /dev/disk0

In terminal it shows that the partition map appears to be ok with the following command:

diskutil verifyDisk /dev/disk0

it also shows that it is ok with the command:

diskutil repairDisk /dev/disk0

But when I try to repair the volume it shows error. The command is:

diskutil repairVolume /dev/disk0s2

The error it shows is:

Error: -69845: File system verify or repair failed
Underlying error: 8: POSIX reports: Exec format error.

I don’t know what to do.

fer MacBook Pro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2022
What do you get in your terminal with
Code:
diskutil list
388027FE-55BD-443E-9BFF-720BD83F7270.jpeg

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
So, you have one drive, which is a 120GB drive.
All of the rest of the list you posted, shows invalid disks (all really small, if you notice...), just an indication that the disk directory is either corrupted, or damaged in some way. You should also notice that there are no drive names listed (such as the original "Macintosh HD", or some other name if you have renamed the drive in the past. Another indication that everything is likely gone already.
Highly unlikely you will be able to recover anything on your drive, which I suppose is an SSD (?)
Next step would be to try to erase the disk (if it will let you do that), which if you are successful, deletes everything...
I suspect that it won't erase, but you can try that.
(I think your drive will need to be replaced, if possible)

Can you tell us what Mac this is? Such as MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

Reactions: Reggaenald

fer MacBook Pro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2022
Yes, I got a 120 go SSD, I actually don’t have other disks, i don’t know why there appears so many disks.
I formatted my disk, I don’t really care that much if I can recover the info, if there’s some way that’s ok, but if don’t that fine too, I just wanna have it functioning.

How do I erase it, with the command on disk0 ??

Should I get it replaced the SSD?
I have problems like this like once a year, like… system failure or something.

It is MacBook Pro 13 inch, early 2011.

fer MacBook Pro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2022
Also I can’t get it renamed as Macintosh HD since the formatting I think. And I cant get to install the macOS X lion because there doesn’t show any disk.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I think I had a brain malfunction here... All those extra volumes that you see are because your SSD is formatted for the 10.13.6 system (High Sierra) that you have been using. So, it is formatted APFS.
Lion can't do much with it, you can't erase the volume, or rename it, or much of anything else.
But, you can try to erase the device, not just one volume.
Here's what you will need to do... Boot to Internet Recovery, which SHOULD get that Lion installer and other utilities. Open Disk Utility first.
Important, choose the top line, which should show the size and manufacturer's info for the SSD. After selecting that line, NOW choose Erase. You should be able to enter a name now, and choose the Format -- Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
and then click the Erase button. This will erase that SSD correctly this time, and show the name that you chose. If it continues to show the generic disk0s2, or something other than the name that you chose, then I will suggest that the SSD needs to be replaced.

fer MacBook Pro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2022
It sobre let me erase it. It says disk erase error. Erase failed due to an error. file system formatting tool error.

Is there some other way to erase it or to fix the error ?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
It sobre let me erase it. It says disk erase error. Erase failed due to an error. file system formatting tool error.

Is there some other way to erase it or to fix the error ?
I highlighted some relevant words in your post...
You have now tried and failed to erase your SSD, and you have used at least two different methods to try erasing.
So, I think you can now say that your SSD has probably failed. You can fix that by replacing with a new SSD.
If you decide to replace the SSD, I recommend that you also replace the internal SSD cable (connects the SSD to the logic board). The cable is a common failure point in MacBooks that have those ribbon cables.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.