Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
My iphone X volume is suddenly really low. I have a hearing loss anyway and I have to use it on a Bluetooth headset or I miss what people are saying. It is still pristine, not cracked just the sounds are low. I am hoping it passes trade-in as it has never been dropped. I went through Verizon and my payment will be fairly reasonable. I chose an iPhone 12 in blue. I went with the 128 gig vs 64.

I am very very sad though. I don't know what happened

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Fingers crossed that the new phone doesn’t have the same problem.

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
I have had issues in the past with low volume - at least when it comes to the lock sound. I had not tried back then how is the volume when it comes to using the phone for calls or watching video because I do not use my company phone this way. Anyway restarting the device would always fix the problem.

So have you tried restart?

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
I have had issues in the past with low volume - at least when it comes to the lock sound. I had not tried back then how is the volume when it comes to using the phone for calls or watching video because I do not use my company phone this way. Anyway restarting the device would always fix the problem.

So have you tried restart?
Yes, I tried all suggestions I could find. The only way I can hear it well is on speaker phone or my bluetooth headset. I pray that when they examine it that they don't say I did something to the phone when I didn't.

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
I hope that I will like the blue. I know the reds are pretty but my husband has red and I am usually a person who chooses pink which isn't a choice.

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
Yes, I tried all suggestions I could find. The only way I can hear it well is on speaker phone or my bluetooth headset. I pray that when they examine it that they don't say I did something to the phone when I didn't.
Sucks :(. Fingers crossed that you won't have issues.

Yeah I love the red btw and I would have indeed chosen red but that's me :). Blue looks good too but to be honest I like to change my cases often enough (play with different colors) and I usually pick a color that plays nice with a lot of different cases. Cannot decide right now if Blue would play nice with variety of other colors. In theory it should but I have not seen it real life so I cannot guarantee it. I guess wait and see. When would you receive it?

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Sometimes its just dirty speaker grill. Had this once and isopropyl and cotton helped to clean.

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
Sometimes its just dirty speaker grill. Had this once and isopropyl and cotton helped to clean.
Let's hope that is all it is and it won't get me in trouble with the fact I am exchanging my iphone X for this phone 12 picked up yesterday. I am still undecided about this phone as things like updating next to my old phone didn't work. Bringing next to my daughter's phone didn't put in her wifi as it is supposed to do. I never had one issue with my ipx. I've had to manually download all the apps I had before. It certainly isn't seamless as my husband's new iPhone se was.

MacTiki

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2008
Yes, I tried all suggestions I could find. The only way I can hear it well is on speaker phone or my bluetooth headset.
Did you ever get this resolved? What was the problem/solution? I have 2 iPhone 11 Pro that suffer from extremely low call volume.

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
Did you ever get this resolved? What was the problem/solution? I have 2 iPhone 11 Pro that suffer from extremely low call volume.
I have a major hearing loss and could only hear the phone with headphones. So I traded it in for an iPhone 12. Made me sad as it looked pristine and perfect with zero scratches or scuffs. I only got $250 for it because I refused to change my phone plan, but using it the way it was, wasn't an option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.