Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VijayKumar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
Hi,

Programmatically, I would like to get the volume name of a USB device. Using the sample code, I am able to get the IOUSBDeviceInterface for the device with matching product ID and Vendor ID. For this device, I need to get the volume name. Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Vijay

logicat2001

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
VijayKumar said:
Programmatically, I would like to get the volume name of a USB device. Using the sample code, I am able to get the IOUSBDeviceInterface for the device with matching product ID and Vendor ID. For this device, I need to get the volume name. Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.
If you're accessing a volume, why go so low level and deal with USB driver code? Try reading "Low-Level File Management Programming Topics" in the docs and consider how you can identify what's available at /Volumes, perhaps using NSFileManager.

Best,
Anton

<edit>cazlar's link is really useful if it's important to grab the USB id's; not sure what you need</edit>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.