Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What will be the name of the next Version of Android?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
What's it gonna be? Take a stab at it and vote. You can pick more than one option if you like.

Lollipop, Ladoo, Lemon Meringue Pie, Lava Cake, Liqourice, Lemon Drops, Lifesavers, Lemonheads, Laffy Taffy????

I am going with Lollipop.

Last edited:

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Agreed on lollipop--not sure of the familiarity outside the US but easily the most recognized of your list here in the US. I'd give licorice the nod for 2nd most likely.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Agreed on lollipop--not sure of the familiarity outside the US but easily the most recognized of your list here in the US. I'd give licorice the nod for 2nd most likely.

Lollipops are big in Spain. Go by the name Chupa Chups
logo_chupa_chups.jpg

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Well for the corporate tie in, I see Lemon Heads or Life Savers, just like they went with Kit Kat, and had them sponsor give aways in their candy bars.

Before K came out, I never would have thought Kit Kat, we all thought it was going to be Key Lime Pie. I think that's why it will a name brand, Google will get extra free advertising. It won't be a generic name like Lollipop.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
What about

Ladyfinger
Lamington
Lub... oh sorry that would NSFW I guess :rolleyes:

Nah seriously, Lollipop sounds the most reasonable.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think Lollipop but for some strange reason Lemon Meringue Pie sounds more android and that may be a better guess :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.