Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
VPC 6.1 works w/Panther, but just not w/a G5 correct?

My IT guy says it doesn't work w/Panther, but I could have sworn that it should.

Lethal

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: VPC and Panther

Originally posted by LethalWolfe
VPC 6.1 works w/Panther, but just not w/a G5 correct?

My IT guy says it doesn't work w/Panther, but I could have sworn that it should.

Lethal
You are correct. Your IT guy is wrong. Does that surprise you?

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Re: Re: Re: VPC and Panther

Originally posted by LethalWolfe
I wish it did but it doesn't.

Lethal

Time for a new IT Guy.. :D Now where is my card.... ;)

BTW, IT guys can't always be right, we are expected to know an awful lot about a quite varied subject, but if any people who are out there have an IT guy that is slightly worrying you, shop around. I can't tell you how often I have heard how little and IT guy knew, and for how many years they wasted money with the guy...

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Re: Re: Re: Re: VPC and Panther

Originally posted by Stelliform
Time for a new IT Guy.. :D Now where is my card.... ;)

BTW, IT guys can't always be right, we are expected to know an awful lot about a quite varied subject, but if any people who are out there have an IT guy that is slightly worrying you, shop around. I can't tell you how often I have heard how little and IT guy knew, and for how many years they wasted money with the guy...

Our IT guy is over worked (he is responsible for about 100 employees at 3 different locations around the city) but he assumes he knows more than anyone else and trys to blow tech smoke screens from time to time. Plus, there have been more than a few times I've just been at a loss of words when he's opend his mouth. Most recently it is about VPC not working in Panther. But back in August he tried to discourage us from getting G5's because, and I'm completely serious here, he said benchmarks had shown the G5 to be about 100 times slower than the last model G4's. :eek: There are other examples the but the "dog slow" G5 is my favorite one. :D

He's an okay guy, but he likes to talk out of his @ss because most of the people at work aren't tech savvy.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.