Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prefersmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2015
After upgrading from macOS Sierra to macOS High Sierra it seems my VPN disconnects frequently. I believe it usually happens when I am away from the computer. My current Energy Saver settings are shown below.
Is it possible that a change to my current settings would help?
Thank you.
ES.jpg

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
It has most likely nothing to do with Energy Settings, as I believe macOS will not disconnect VPN in order to save energy. I would start with checking if the service you are using is OK, or actually try a different service to see if the same problem occurs there as well. Then it could be a problem on your machine.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Nobody that really understands about VPNs uses a free service, they’re not to be trusted. Likewise advising somebody to use a shill website for a recommendation is also terrible advice.

One of the only VPN review sites that can be trusted is https://thatoneprivacysite.net/

EDIT 18/11/20: I can no longer confidently recommend this site as unbiased. They have recently sold their content to another company which has advertising disguised as ‘Top Ten lists’.

Last edited:
Reactions: AppleMythos
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.