Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kart

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
AU
Hey guys,

I've got a 2022 Tiguan on order. I am wondering if anyone has a 21/22 model and can tell me if any apps ie Waze, Apple Maps, Google Maps etc work on the digital dash on the car?
TIA

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hey guys,

I've got a 2022 Tiguan on order. I am wondering if anyone has a 21/22 model and can tell me if any apps ie Waze, Apple Maps, Google Maps etc work on the digital dash on the car?
TIA

If the car supports CarPlay, then yes... no worries. I know that Ford Sync 3 supports several apps including Pandora, iHeart and Waze via their "apps" feature, even without CarPlay enabled... VW may also do something similar

burnthefires

macrumors member
May 26, 2017
If you're asking if the map will be displayed on your digital cockpit display then the answer is NO. On some cars (VW is one of them) it would show turn-by-turn directions in front of you, but the map will always be displayed on the infotainment screen only.
BTW there's actually an article that mostly answers your question: https://www.macrumors.com/review/2021-volkswagen-tiguan-carplay/

Only exceptions are Audi TT and R8(see below) because they simply don't have a screen in the middle so CarPlay is displayed in the Virtual Cockpit. But then it's limited to just MMI knob control on center console since there's no touch control.

Attachments

• audi-r8-apple-carplay.jpg
    audi-r8-apple-carplay.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 346
  • tiguan-2021-cockpit-apple-maps.jpg
    tiguan-2021-cockpit-apple-maps.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 406

KennaK

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2022
Hi! Does anyone know how to turn on the “Turn by Turn” view in the digital cockpit/in front of the steering wheel? It was doing it in my 2022 Taos yesterday but can’t figure out how to get it back! Thanks!

KennaK

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2022
If you're asking if the map will be displayed on your digital cockpit display then the answer is NO. On some cars (VW is one of them) it would show turn-by-turn directions in front of you, but the map will always be displayed on the infotainment screen only.
BTW there's actually an article that mostly answers your question: https://www.macrumors.com/review/2021-volkswagen-tiguan-carplay/

Only exceptions are Audi TT and R8(see below) because they simply don't have a screen in the middle so CarPlay is displayed in the Virtual Cockpit. But then it's limited to just MMI knob control on center console since there's no touch control.
Hi! Does anyone know how to turn on the “Turn by Turn” view in the digital cockpit/in front of the steering wheel? It was doing it in my 2022 Taos yesterday but can’t figure out how to get it back! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.